Thursday, March 31, 2011

Alive and well!

Just thought I'd finally write a note to let you know I'm still around. Haven't felt like writing a whole lot. I did go on my cruise (there are a few pics on my flickr page), and I'll be going on another knitting cruise in November, but it will be on a different ship, different cruise line. New Orleans is getting Royal Caribbean's Voyager of the Seas in November, and I'll be on the first sailing out of New Orleans!

Hubby and I went on an Amtrak trip to AZ for the holidays. We stayed until Jan 2, then rode the train back to Lafayette. Here's a pic I took of our sleeper car:


Next week, I'm heading for Texas to visit my mom for a few days. She's 89, still lives by herself in an apartment, and doesn't drive any more. She has to depend on hired help to get her groceries, and once a week my sister goes and takes her places.

May 11, I'm taking the train again, without hubby, in order to attend this years PR Weekend which will be in Chicago. I'm driving to New Orleans to get on the "City of New Orleans". It arrives in Chicago the morning of May 12, and I'll leave Chicago on the 15th and arrive back in New Orleans on May 16.

Knitting wise, I did manage to finish a pair of socks last month. This is a pic of one of them:

Oh, I almost forgot! Hubby and I will be vacationing in Williamsburg VA in September! If you are in the Williamsburg area and would like a meet-up, please let me know!

Whew..I think I have told you what's been happening to me since I last posted. If I forgot anything, it will come to me, and I'll post about it later.

Pat H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!