Saturday, October 17, 2009

After Chain Link!

No, I have not dropped off the face of the earth. I am still alive and well and living in Louisiana!

We had a marvelous time in NY and Virginia. Hubby found he likes the EAS much better than the AHP, so we'll be going east for meetings for a while. Next year his will be in Boone NC, but I doubt that's where Chain Link will be, unless they decide on Charlotte or Raleigh. I don't think it's ever been in NC, but there's always hope!

I won't post any pictures of chain link here because they're all on my flickr site! To see them, please go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladybee_51

Before going to Chain Link I bought a serger on sale at Hancock Fabrics. The serger has been working fine, but I wish the store would have offered classes on what to do with it!

I also got my old Kenmore sewing machine running! At first it wouldn't zigzag like it was supposed to. I was about to take it to the repair shop when my hubby asked to see it, having a suspicion that it needed oiling. He opened up the top, wiggled a few things around and then found the part that needed oil! After applying the machine oil, he wiggled the offending part back and forth several times to loosen it up. I'm happy to say that the machine is now working just fine! He sure saved me a big repair bill!

Right now I'm typing this while at a high school reunion of sorts. It's an annual thing put on by one of my classmates. One of the attendees I'm showing here was my chemistry teacher when I was in high school. I mentioned my brother-in-law's name and he actually remembered him!


1 comment:

All comments welcome!